Your wedding photos will be one of the most significant mementos of your big day, along with the wedding rings and the wedding dress. While the bride and groom want to look their best throughout the day, the good wedding photograph will be one in which they look fabulous together. There are several ways in which you can ensure that you look great, and simply by following a few steps, the happy couple can ensure that they have photographs that they can treasure forever.
- The first tip is to ensure that you have your photograph taken in good light. It might not be possible to arrange the weather in order to provide that good lighting, so it might be necessary to step inside and have your photograph taken. However, bad lighting can really affect a photograph. Make sure that you and your partner are always in some kind of direct light when the picture is being taken.
- The second element is to make sure that shadows are reduced. If you are standing in direct light, then that should help to eliminate lighting, but you might still find that you have to cope with shadows due to the angle of sunlight. Wait for dawn, or for the evening, to get those shadows just right.
- Next, you need to be aware of the angle of your body. Most people don’t realise how their body shape affects how they look in pictures. Holding your head at the right angle will ensure that there are no double chins, and that your neck looks long, and that you are smiling directly into the camera. It is not so much about relaxing as making sure that you aren’t casting awkward shapes.
- Once your head is in the right position, you will need to make sure that the rest of your body follows suit. Hold your shoulders back, and arms close to the body, so that you have a great angle, and so that you are holding yourself upright. This helps to reduce stomach bulges, and also eliminates the funny shapes cast by clothes when you are standing at an angle, or are hunched forward.
- It is also a good idea to practice your position in front of a mirror. You will need to work out how your body should feel in order to get the right look, because you won’t be able to see yourself before the picture is taken.
- You should always make sure that you have the tools needed to look your best. This includes hairbrushes and spray, clothes brushes, and even handkerchiefs to wipe off sweat, which reflects in photos and looks nasty.
- Lastly, if you want to look great in your wedding photographs, you need to bring a friend with you, someone who can advise you on how you look. Let them tell you where to stand, if you need to lift your chin or straighten your back. This will help to ensure that when the shutter clicks, you look your best.